They have managed to get up to the bubble of a Sit and Go tournament through fighting. Now if only we could get into the money to come. Even advanced players often have problems with the game during the bubble. Often retire at this point in time, or lose directly after you penetrate into the top 3. What strategy should be chosen to make the leap from the bubble to successfully master the money and thus to prevent the bubble will burst? Fortunately, this problem is relatively easy with the help of simple maths solved.
some people find it helps to the respective situation to allocate a certain amount of money. For example, you can specify exactly how much money is coming, if one loses all-in situation, and on the contrary, how much you win if you successfully survive this situation. In order to answer this question, we must not only the number of the invested chips, but also the respective phase of the tournament, into consideration. During the bubble is logically the situation is entirely different than at the beginning of the tournament.
In a tournament you must separate the two different currencies: at the beginning of each player must pay a buy-in (from now on with $ marked) and receives tournament chips (now labelled t). After the tournament, the players then with a certain number of $ rewarded. The course between t and $ depends on the “political situation”, for example Who has how many chips or in which phase the tournament is currently (early phase, bubble phase, the money or the heads-up). At the start of the tournament influenced each elimination of a player of the course to the benefit of the remaining players, although this impact at this point is still not particularly dramatic. During the bubble is the effect on the monetary situation of the player but all the more drastic.
As the exchange is the so-called independent chip model (ICM), a mathematical means that with the help of the size of your stack, both of the stacks of your opponents the probability is calculated that a certain place in the tournament. The ICM model also enables an approximate conversion of the stack size to a concrete financial amount (equity), making the allocation of the prize pool is taken into account. The calculations are, however, relatively complicated, which is why there are several programs in which the invoice is much easier, or even completely for you. Such a program which is free, you can find here.
Caution so that no one is the bubble bursts
we assume that we are in the bubble phase of the tournament. There are 4 players in the race, all have similar stacks of approximately 3375T and the blinds are 100T/200t. The first two players decide to fold and the third goes from the SB All-in with AK and the player in the BB Holding QQ. In this situation it makes sense to call? On the one hand he gets the call additional chips which he has the better cards and the pot already contains 200t. On the other hand we are here in the bubble phase and to lose here would be very painful. To resolve this issue, we turn to the ICM. Posted before the blinds and the cards are dealt, every player has exactly 25% equity of the prize pools – all have the same stack, so each player is a quarter of the money. Suppose there is a $10 SNG for 10 players, the prize pool so $100 value, of which each player is now $25. Should for example Now the server of the casino fall, the respective casino each of the four players to pay this amount. If the player in the BB now decides its maps to fold, are the stacks per 3375T, 3375T, 3575T and 3175t. The equity is as follows: $25.015, $25.015, $approximately 25.94, and $24.03. The first two players have thus gained something to equity. Their situation has improved a little bit because it at this table a player whose stack is smaller than the their. The player in the SB has won 0.94% of equity, due to its successful theft of BB, which of course also means that the player in the BB by 0.97% of its equity.
How does the situation if the player is in the BB calls?
If AK gains, the equity of the player in the BB to zero and it is out of the tournament has been removed. If QQ wins, the stacks per 3375T, 3375T, 6750T and the equity according to our ICM calculator are now $30.833, 38.333 $30.833, $.
The player in the BB has as a consequence the choice to fold and thus its equity to $24.03 to diminish or call. In the case of calls, he has a 57% chance to win and thus its equity to increase to $38.333. In 43% of cases but if he lose and its equity to reduce to zero.
If he decides for the call, it ends in the average with 0.57 times $38.333=$21.85, which is less than $24.03 in the case of the folds. This means that in this situation the mathematically the fold is the right decision. This does not however means that it always is correct QQ to fold if the SB raist, but only if we know that he AK.
based on the previous example will be some deviations clearly in cash games, as well as in MTTs, mostly do not exist. In SNGs these situations are however completely ublig, especially in the Bubble phase. The ideal strategy will depend on the correct use of these special conditions. (Read more)
Although the player with AKdie worse cards as the QQ, he was able to make the situation so that QQ just two bad could choose variants (fold and lose little, or call and lose more). He also has this done, although he was out of position and thus had to act first. This can be with the advantage of the first train in chess compare, it is only in this situation the advantage of the first all-ins.
The other two players have not participating in the game and got a little equity added that if the player with QQ foldet, and a relatively large amount of equity in the event of a call. Of course you can QQ calling and win, which would mean that the stack is doubled, but only increases its equity of $25 to $38.333, i.e. approximately by 50%. The remainder is distributed evenly to all the players in this game are not active. Thus it is not enough just to be the favorite, but it must be a high likelihood of profit have to counteract this effect. In our situation the player had therefore approx. a 63% favorite on the profit to be able to call to justify.
The optimal SNG strategy can be summarised as follows: one should be very tight during the low blinds and then play the aggressive push/fold strategy when the blinds increase. It is therefore optimally to play tight at the beginning because you have to each pot obtained his against players both chips as well as equity decreases. The equity is however to all other players is evenly distributed. It may therefore only the own chips, but in the case of the success of its profit with all parts. This, together with the smaller stacks at the start of the tournament and the enormous importance of the stack is large enough for the push/fold phase, means that in this section of the tournament suited connectors, as well as smaller couples, not very playable. It should be based on greater pairs, aces with good kickers and, depending on the situation, KQ, KJ, QJ desc countersinking. Push/fold will later be extremely effective because of the possibility of a call drops because the enemy now much better cards need to call.
Before we move on to the analysis of different types of bubble advance, we should still have some interesting exceptions to the push/fold strategy under the microscope.
with a good preparation you will appear in the Bubble feel like at home.
StopNgo is used if the opponent raist, we are sure that our all-in from the enemy gecallt, and we as the first after the flop. Instead of a simple all-ins before the flop we decide the raise only call then directly after the flop to go all-in. This train works only when we are sure that the opponents before the flop our all-in ensures call. If there is the slightest chance that the opponent foldet, it is better to just to go all-in and thus to avoid a flop.
This train works only when we are sure that the opponents before the flop our all-in ensures call. If there is the slightest chance that the opponent foldet, it is better to just to go all-in and thus to avoid a flop. After the Flop we must necessarily be out of position and therefore as the first action. We try to take advantage of the situation if the opponent is not taken from the Flop, and it does not allow us to call. For example, we can AK in the SB and the opponent 55. It is clear that our all-in after his raise before the flop with safety gecallt. So we decide for the call and the flop comes QT2. On our Push the opponent must then fold, since the flop for him not particularly cheap. Obviously needs a successful StopNGo a weak players as an enemy, but it is not uncommon to see if you are in the online poker at such a hit.
Limp lead in a
similar manner as the StopNGo is the limp lead a train that usually only against weaker players to work. The limp lead is normally kept in an SB against BB situation whereby we used on the SB. Players are often also with weak cards to defend your BB, end however their confrontation if you do not meet the flop. Against such players is the best strategy to raisen preflop before and then after the Flop bet to make a continuation to the pot without much of a fight to win. Should our stack but not big enough for this strategy to be successful, it can only be limpen and then on the flop just one and a half BB. This is often sufficient to win the pot without going through the All-in to risk too much. More on www.Poker24.net